Artefact, analysis and approaching final submission

 It’s been a while since I’ve done a blog and if I’m perfectly honest I feel like I've been drowning in work recently. As a professional ballet dancer, this time of year can become crazy with trying to rehearse and perfect nutcracker whilst still performing another production and I just haven't had the mental energy to do any work for a few days. 

All this being said I have quite enjoyed the analysis portion of this inquiry. It has been interesting for me to watch my own perception of my practice and industry evolving and to start piecing together and comparing recurring themes across my data set. I have been using voice notes on my phone in an attempt to keep track of my ideas and used a transcription service to transcribe them to help reduce the amount of time I have to spend staring at my laptop. 

Coming up with ideas for my artefact has been one of the more difficult parts of this module. Although I have a career in the arts I am not the most creative or imaginative person and struggle to think outside the box sometimes. I want to do something that is centered around how my practice has developed and grown as a result of this inquiry and that encompasses my own changing attitudes as well as the attitudes of my participants and the scholars I have been studying although I'm not yet sure how exactly I am going to achieve this... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

With the final submission deadline  fast approaching and falling on my opening night of Nutcracker one of my biggest concerns right now is reducing my word count without making my portfolio sound like it was written by a 5 year old. 3 weeks to go and it will all be over! 

Happy redrafting everyone! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflecting on Reflection

Module 1 Focus Skype discussion - September 28th

The first interview